Tuesday, March 8

Heavy

My heart is heavy. 
Truly weighed down and heavy.
It is breaking for people in my life.
Some are feeling less valuable and amazing than they truly are.
Some are subject to cruel criticism from other people.
Some are hurt and trying to ignore it. 
Some are struggling with personal battles and decisions.
Some are frustrated, tired, exasperated.
Some are feeling ignored, lonely and neglected.
Some are just plain physically tired and worn out.
Some are losing hope.
Some are afraid.
Some feel they are losing who they are.
I hate it all. 
I wish I could heal them, fix them, pour cheer into their souls. 
I wish I could take away the pain, frustration, fear.
I wish I could carry their burdens, lighten their loads, pull them along.
I wish I could guard their ears, their hearts from the hurt.
I wish I could give them peace, that still quiet in our souls when we are "okay." Truly "okay."

But I cannot.

However,

I can smile.
I can hug.
I can listen.
I can sympathize.
I can offer my shoulder to lean on, my hands to help, my voice to reassure and comfort.

But ultimately, all I can REALLY do is pray.
Pray that He will heal them, comfort them, bring them joy. 
Actually, that they will take it, receive it. Because He is always offering it. Like a gift, a perfect offering. We just have to take that one step forward to receive it. To accept it. 

His love. His reassurance. His guidance. His comfort. 

So, if any of you are reading this, friends, family, all those who I am blessed to have in my life. Know this, I love you all. My heart breaks when yours is down. My soul mourns when you are discouraged. I wish I could take it all away, but since I cannot, I am going so stop wishing. But please know, I am praying.

Praying for peace.
Praying for love.
Praying for joy.
Praying for you. 

3 comments:

  1. this world would be such a better place with more Debrans in it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlie.... I couldn't agree more.... :) it's always nice to know that while we all go thru our everyday "struggles" there is "family and friends" out there praying and rooting for us.... :D. Love ya girlie... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The funny thing is that you do help and heal all your loved ones by noticing and worrying and acknowledging them like this. You are wonderful person with a beautiful heart...and I am truely blessed to know you and have this little window into your soul. Thank you for sharing your words and love!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...