Tuesday, March 29

Holy Smokes!

I had the honor of hosting a baby shower for my friend, Raeanne a little while back. Her hubby is a firefighter and she is doing the baby's room in a firefighter theme, so I worked around that mostly. Thank you also to Jess, who helped me host the shower. :)

I decided to focus more on colors, staying away from the traditional boy baby shower look. I chose red, black and white with gray and yellow here and there. I wanted to have a little bit of a rustic feel and I used firetrucks and themed phrases to pull in the firefighter theme.

We had "smoked" chicken pasta for lunch with salad, bread, and fruit. Raeanne is obsessed with lemon, so I made lemon cupcakes using a recipe I found from the Brown-eyed Baker. They were to die for and I've made them many times since! haha Check out her site, she has some incredible recipes. I made the invitations to set the tone for the theme and color scheme of the party. I think that invitations are one of the most important parts of a party. I used white cloth napkins for the silverware rolls and tied them with leftover fabric from other crafts I did for the shower. I used great black, white and gray plates that I had been stocking up on all summer. I'm so excited because I found them at Target and will be able to use them for all parties now! Bye Bye paper plates and napkins!
We had water, ice tea and a mommy's mocktail for beverages. And about the food was a good old fashioned clothesline with all firefighter themed clothing. I made a couple of rag garlands for decoration and hung up little baby booties in the center of one swag. And everyone went home with homemade "fire-roasted" salsa for their favors. I used the same coordinating fabrics in the garland, the salsa jar tops, the table centerpieces and the napkin rolls.

Naturally, I made a diaper wreath in coordinating colors and with firetruck socks, etc. I had wildflowers in red, orange and yellow in different size mason jars all over and in groups of three on the tables along with a vintage looking firetruck with each grouping.

We played just one game because the ladies seemed to be having such a fun time talking with each other. We played a game with red hots. Appropriate, much?

We also had a canvas sign in board for people to leave best wishes for their family next to an ultrasound picture and I tried my hand at making a collage on mat board with her maternity pictures. Which, by the way, you should not look at if you tend to have a jealous streak. They turned out fabulous and Jim and Raeanne make a mighty handsome couple. ;)

Raeanne was so spoiled and got countless beautiful gifts. It was a lovely afternoon and I was honored to be able to host her shower. I hope she and everyone else enjoyed themselves!

Oh and Wesley James made his entrance ON his due date which just so happened to be Jim and Raeanne's one year wedding anniversary! She didn't plan that one out very well. ;-)  He was a healthy 9 pounds 4 ounces with beautiful blond hair and blue eyes. Congratulations guys! 
Each invitation had this tag hanging on it with registry info stamped on one side and a note about a diaper raffle stamped on the other.
























1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful baby shower Debran!!! LOVE it xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...